Sunday, December 6, 2009

Module 4 – The quiz

I must say that I feel that I am pretty savvy about etiquette dealing with all members of society, even those with a disability. I always try to use “people first” language and accommodate needs when necessary. But there were a few questions on the quiz that made me think twice before answering. I tend to be very accommodating to all people, and I will now think twice before automatically accommodating a disability (such as shaking someone’s other hand with a prosthetic arm). I will treat people with disabilities the same way I treat others and allow them to accept a request for accommodations or help instead of automatically doing something first. The quiz offered some real world insight into questions that people are often afraid to discuss.

No comments: