Sunday, December 6, 2009

Module 4 – Independent living and assistive tech centers

I was unable to visit a local center, however I did have a chance to look online and see what services are offered in my area. The “Disability Resource Center” is in the Fredericksburg, VA area and offers a wide variety of services that I had no idea were available. They offer many workshops and classes, help with Medicaid issues, offer children and youth services, support groups, nursing home transition help, and many other services. The four core services that they offer fall under the categories of: independent living skills training, information and referral, advocacy, and peer counseling. I am so excited to know that we have a place that offers services like these to whoever needs them.

1 comment:

Lesley Farmer said...

good that you checked local services; thanks for the annotated URLs