Saturday, October 10, 2009

Week 6 #15

I am slowly shaping a definition of Library 2.0 as I look through the listed websites. I like Michael Stephens' comment that "the library is a social and emotionally engaging center for learning and experience and Librarian 2.0 is the strategy guide for helping users find that information. And Dr Wendy Shultz states that libraries are not just collections, they are conversations, and they are not in communities, they are the community.I think that frames what Library 2.0 is perfectly: it is the library as the center of a community helping with the ongoing conversation and collaboration of all members of that community. The librarian assists in that conversation--if my take on this makes sense, I think that libraries have always been in the 2.0 state of mind.

No comments: